(This is not my artwork, by the way. I stole it.)I promise I'll have a more exciting post next time. If you want something less depressing...you can try out my other blog here.
Feb. 24
Ended up having to get the surgery. I wasn't even in any pain, but the doctor insisted that I needed to get it out because it was doing damage to my tubulars. Whatever. They got me on the first poke. That was a surprise since I'd been fasting for 18 hours. Will wonders never cease? The anesthesia put me to sleep within about 6 seconds. It was interesting. But, when I woke up, I was crying and chattering my teeth even though I wasn't cold. My bladder felt like it would explode, but the nurse insisted they'd emptied my bladder during the surgery. (I peed about a liter of bloody urine about 1/2 hour later.) This is how it felt: like a blow torch was being shoved up my area and someone was pinching my ureter with something sharp. Was in more pain that ever...than any other kidney stone or the pulmonary embolism. Had morphine twice, as well as two demerol, and two percocet before the pain was bearable. There was a complication getting the stone out, so they said they had to crush the darn thing. (So, I didn't get to see how big it really was. Disappointed beyond belief, I was.) Not all of it came out. They also put a stent in there which made peeing really unfun. That came out, with a bit of tears, on Friday. I've still got more stones coming and had some pain earlier this morning. Will the pain ever end? Sheesh!
I think you should stop apologizing in the beginning of your blogs. I hope your pain ends soon.
ReplyDeleteSo, I already e-mailed you back with a comment to this, but I love getting comments, and I'm sure everyone else does too, so here's a blog comment too!! :)
ReplyDelete