
Mark and I had a great honeymoon last weekend. I'm so glad we were finally able to have it. Our first full day there, we decided to drive up to Mammoth Hot Springs. Once we got there we saw signs all over the place saying: Do NOT Approach the Elk! But, we couldn't see any. Then, all of a sudden, they were everywhere...walking through the streets, lounging in the shade in front of the visitors center, going to the grocery store, sending off letters to the post office, that kind of thing.

We needed directions, so Mark parked in front of the post office. I got out of the car to get some shots of the elk (take pictures, that is) when I noticed a female elk walking right past our car. Mark was nervous and demanded I get in the car immediately. I just thought he was being his normal paranoid self and set the camera down. A huge bull elk was coming straight for our car! I jumped in and shut the door. Mr. Elk came within inches of the car and bellowed loudly. Whoa, scary! My heart was pounding. We read later (in our newsprint packets from park services) that October is mating season for elk. Oh my goodness! Read the paperwork first, people!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you. It validates me. : )